Money Savings Secrets: Amazon Prime
Do you love saving money? Do you love Amazon? If you are anything like 50% the U.S. population, we are guessing you do! A recent statistic showed that nearly half of U.S. households are Amazon Prime subscribers. While the free two day shipping may be enough for many to sign up, Prime offers a ton of other money saving benefits (many of which you may not know about). So we have rounded up our top money saving secrets for Amazon Prime. We hope you and your wallet enjoy!
- Save on Groceries: All Prime members already get special in store deals at Whole Foods, but they also now receive an extra 10% on sale items. Make sure you have the Whole Foods app downloaded and linked to your Amazon account for checkout.
- Get free Books: If your library card gets more of a workout than your ATM you will love this one. Prime members can download a free digital book every month, plus you can also borrow a book each month from Kindle Owner’s Lending Library. This perk is priceless, escpailly when it can be used to get these books.
- Free Photo Storage: This is one of our favorites! Prime Photos gives you unlimited photo storage- yes..unlimited! This is a great way to organize, store and share photos, plus you can ditch any other service you have been paying for.
- Earn Shopping Credits: So you don’t really need your order in two days? Even better…select No-Rush Shipping and get discounts and rewards for future orders.
- Free Music Streaming: Prime members also get Prime Music which includes over 2 million songs. Create your own playlist and take your music with you- your membership gets your music on up to 10 devices.
- Watch Free Movies and TV: Prime Video is more commonly known but certainly still worth mentioning. You literally get thousands of free TV shows and movies, so ditch the Redbox and start saving. Plus their original shows are great (I mean, have you even seen Jack Ryan?! You’re welcome.
- Free Magazines: Travel + Leisure, Wired, Money, Good Housekeeping and more…all free with your membership! These digital magazines are availble through the Kindle app on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Free Samples: Amazon has a samples site that is a lot better than a cart battle at Costco. Some are free, some are not, but even if you pay for a sample you will get a credit towards a future purchase.
- Get Exclusive Deals: As a Prime Member you get special deals and discounts. 25% off dog food, 50% off sunscreen- you name it- make sure to browse through member deals as they change often.
- Get 2% Rewards with Amazon Reload: Amazon Reload offers a 2% rewards every time you reload your Amazon.com Gift Card balance.
Who knew Prime had so many perks?!
The question, however, still remains- is the $119 per year worth it? Analysts recently scrutinized all the perks that Prime membership now offers, and estimated that it is worth $785 annually. We’d say that’s a deal!
Have you used any of these Amazon Prime Money Savings Secrets? Any we forgot? Not yet a Prime Member- not to worry, you can sign up here.
Spread the love- Be sure to share this post!
Please note this post includes affiliate ad links -As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.